Following on the back of the success of 2019, we were again commissioned to deliver the Virtual Gifts Campaign for Centrepoint.
Further developments and improvements have resulted in another staggering performance with a return of £367,000 (up from £301,000 the previous year) and an increase in average gift value from £52 to £68.
Centrepoint are the UK’s leading Youth Homelessness Charity. Fundraising is a critical activity for Centrepoint and their Christmas Virtual Gifts (VG) program is a much needed source of income.
The VG program had been running for several years and had proved to be extremely successful. The program allowed supporters to purchase virtual gifts within differing price brackets, they could then select to send either an eCard or physical printed card to a recipient of their choice.
Propack were asked to take on and improve an already successful piece of activity.
- Improve the user experience (UX).
- Develop the card design and better the print quality.
- Automate the process from online / paper copy order capture through to print and mail.
- Redesign the complicated paper order form, including it within a DM pack, to improve response rates.
The team at Propack set about a full program of analysis from the ground up. A series of recommendations followed:
- Integration of personalised messaging which allowed the supporter to include a message to the recipient.
- Utilisation of Digital Variable print to significantly improve on the previous generic versions used.
- A redesigned order form following a series of UX testing.
- A redesigned suite of Greeting cards integrating personalised messaging.
Propack’s development team were also drafted in to improve the data flow.
This resulted in a direct API being built to draw the data down in real time.
They also developed an automated email process flow and reporting system to send eCards following successful orders.
The end results proved to be exceptional showing an increase in revenue of almost £50k.
Following post campaign analysis, a series of further recommendations have also been made around developing an improved order site with a host of benefits including integrated online proofing and digital asset downloads.