Stagecoach wanted to encourage trial of their bus services in Irvine and Kilmarnock. We were commissioned by Stagecoach’s Media Agency to help them undertake an acquisition campaign at a very local level – Propack chose the medium of Partially Addressed Mail to achieve this.
- Create a highly targeted Direct Mail campaign within the immediate residential areas of the various bus routes.
- Create a DM piece that would create a sense of association, familiarity and relevance by including a map to each recipients’ nearest bus stop.
- Capture users’ email addresses and ‘Opt ins’ by including a voucher or a ‘free fare’ which incorporated a unique registration number and area.
- Propack’s data team were able to identify postcodes and target locations using the GPS coordinates of the bus stops to generate a Partially Addressed data list containing circa 25,000 recipients.
- Variable Maps were generated using the same GPS coordinates – pinpointing the nearest Bus Stop to each recipients’ residence (circa 200 variable maps).
- The final stages of the asset generation included assigning Unique Registration Nos and producing QR codes.
- Using the compiled suite of assets (Artwork, Addresses, Maps and URNs) we constructed fully variable print files and printed the mail pieces digitally within our own production facility.
- Mailing on our Ethical Mail Partially Addressed service we were able to offer our clients a 20% saving on the postage*.
* Saving against equivalent personalised mail product.